Saturday 16 June 2007

Saturday Drying Out Time


You may have heard on the news about the enormous amount of rain that we have had over the last few days. I had been thankful that while stopping at my flat I lived upstairs as next to Meadowhall shopping centre is quite a deep river. On friday morning I had woken up to loads of traffic on Tyler street as all the other roads had closed off due to flooding, the black river as I had called it so many times had burst it's banks. There were heavy torrential rain and storms one after the other, the small rivers just could not cope with the volume of water. There were continuos newsflashes on the the telly about weather warnings, either stay in or take care when driving, or avoiding areas altogether as some cars had been submerged under water.

We managed to drive on the motorway back to Leics without any hiccups despite the weather being bad, infact the further down south we drove the more clearer the clouds became.

As you can imagine the garden has had a battering with all this rain but it's surviving and though the rain seemed heavy Im sure the garden enjoyed the amount of rain refreshing the roots.

The honeysuckles have started to bloom, our first ones in the garden and the sweet peas have started to bloom too, Im really pleased at how everything is growing. As you know when ever I can get out I just love taking photos this one was taken at a fair and I just love the way how all the racing horses are in line and in colour, very unusual.

No comments: