Thursday 8 November 2007

Go Go Go


Non-Stop Busy



My quilting has been a bit slow over the last few days as I have been busy going to meetings, meeting members of my family ect.

I have been thinking quilting though.

In one store I managed to buy a coat pattern that will one day be a glorious patchwork coat.

I have been collecting yummy fat quarters bit by bit in my favourite greens, mainly in batik style.

This is another one of my long future projects, I say to myself"Don't I think I'm doing enough?" but I agree you need a variety of projects to keep life interesting.

The backing cloth had to go on hold for a bit as the Dylon batik paint had run out.

I managed to get some more batik paste some that you paint direct onto the fabric and some yummy glitter fabric paint to give the cloth that finishing touch, right at the very end.

I was going to paint some more on the fabric but I'm just too tired, and we all know what happens when you get tired, with me it's one mistake after another.

Bedtime reading should be more fun with reading the latest patchwork magazines from the town store.

I was rather excited when I read that one of the quilters featured is a deaf woman who had been quilting all her life and has a hearing dog for the deaf.

This put a smile on my face and I just cannot wait to start reading about these wonderful quilters.

Time is edging nearer towards Christmas and my goodness there are thoughts when you think time is just flying by, perhaps too quickly?Over the weekend I hope to be back down at Amadis house where the music studio is, and when not singing and writing songs should be able to do some quilting.


I have included a picture of a watercolour which I did quite a while ago.

4 comments:

Mama Spark said...

I love the painting. Maybe you should try some paintings on fabric for a quilt?? Maybe your girls?

Kim said...

great painting - I too need to make another quilted jacket-I saw one of charm squares and a simple sashing between rows yesterday at the guild meeting. Maybe this winter I'll try that again.....have a great weekend

Erin said...

I love everything about the painting, the quilts..your blog!!!! what an inspiration you are to me!!!! Erin in NH

crafty girl said...

Faith love your blog glad your following mine elizabeth australia now ill be following you as well wow how nice to make new friend on this amazing internet hugs elizabeth