Sunday 8 June 2008

One Scratchy Block


I promised to let you know on Scratch's charity quilt progress.

Here is the first Scratchy block, cut out in the shape of Scratch, a whippet-lurcher.... the applique was ironed onto the backing cloth using this fusion technique (iron-on) then stitched round the edge with a blanket stitch thank goodness for YLI threads I love them and would collect the whole range of their colours if I could. I have another two of these blocks to stitch round the edge then add to the rest of the border of stripes which I'm looking forward to doing.

Outside is very hot... lovely, I have my table just on the inside of the back door which is open showing the whole garden. Good surroundings make a happy quilter.

I'm trying to get as much done as I unfortunately have to go back to my flat in Sheffield to pack boo hoo I hate packing I have to move all my stuff here to Leicester but it will be the best thing to do for me and for Scratchy as Scratch is better here in Leicester, no eeenie meanie dogs to chase and scare her and very steep stairs. We do have stairs here but they are not as steep as the ones at my flat in Sheffield.

1 comment:

Mama Spark said...

*clap, clap* this block is stunning! Can't wait to see the rest of them!
HUGS