Saturday 30 January 2010

Start of the Akita charity quilt


So what have I been doing today? I made some quick doodles for a charity quilt idea mainly for Akita dogs as Tam was a lovely Akita breed. I cut out thirty six blocks from some cotton sheeting and made a start on the middle cutting little squares out of some fat quarters on yellow Lillie's. I thought the colours would go well with the corner blocks which I have painted here using fabric paint. You can just about see a rough sketch at the top of the photo with an outline of a dog which I hope to do in dark brown. While the painted fabric is drying,I'm going to take a rest then get the sewing machine out to start on the log cabin blocks, as the blocks are quick and easy and I love log cabins. Outside we've had Jack Frost dancing round the windows and freezing anything it can. I will keep you all updated how this experiment is working out, have fun allxxx.

4 comments:

Beena said...

I'm anxious to see how this turns out, Faith! I'm sure it will be amazing! I love the explosive colors you are using.

Gina said...

It's going to be stunning

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Jenny said...

Lovely and bright!

kanishk said...

That top is very pretty!

Work from home India