Monday 20 June 2011

More bags sewn and bags under the Eyes!!



Hi everyone, I thought I had better write on blogland as ive not been here for ages with keeping busy looking after Bongo and "Horay!" I managed to do some sewing today sitting in my little white room stitching away and loving every moment next to my scented candles and the feeling of wonderful peace.
I stitched some more bags with the left over hexagons, these were beaded all round the edge which took a while to do and thread the ribbons through was very fiddly too but I managed it. These are now ready to be posted to my mum who will dish them out in the family to my sister and niece. Everything was done by hand the quilting and stitching using dmc or anchor thread. The wednesday group has given me an interesting project to do thinking and designing penants for the Olympic competitors who perhaps havent got a gold medal but will get a little pennant instead stitched by someone.
I thought about doing a horse, tommorrow i will have ago with some material and see what I can come up with.

3 comments:

Mama Spark said...

Beautiful Faith!! I just adore your work!!

Tiglizzyclone said...

I think those are lovely! You are an inspiration!

SewIknit2 said...

I love your bags! they are GORGEOUS! interested in what you are doing for Olympics - more details, please?
I've read in magazines that there is a call for knitters to make each competitor a pure woollen cushion and I was thinking of joining in but undecided at the moment. it would be nice to combine craft and sport in a once in lifetime event like the Olypics! and the dogs are cool too!
Sue xx