Monday 26 March 2012

Dogs and Coats



Finally I'm able to post some pictures of the dog coats which I had made for Scratch, Scruff and Bongo. Scratch isn't on these photos but it will give you the idea what they look like. Bongo has grown longer in the body since I cut out the red material but I'm really pleased how they have worked out and thanks to my new sewing machine the Pfaff Petra..... I was able to get most of the work done. There was a hiccup on the Sunday when Petra just did not want to sew Bongos coat.
This got me panicking a bit, but I found out that Petra just didn't like the red cotton that she had to sew with but didn't mind once i changed to the green cotton to sew with and that a new bobbin was refilled. I'm absolutely delighted to hear the news that I have won my first ever blog give away from Annabelle, what a lovely surprise. Now I'm going to have a go at trying some piecing with the sewing machine to play around with some fabrics after I found some scraps of material in a bag, so its all fun and adventure at the moment.

3 comments:

SewIknit2 said...

Coats look lovely, well done.
What do you think of your new machine?

Annabelle said...

What fun you have with your new machine - lucky you - still researching for my birthday next month - thinking Janome Horizon but could be persuaded by another. How is yours?
PS Glad you won the giveaway.

crafty girl said...

love the dogs coats very nice elizabeth watson