Sunday 1 April 2012

Threads Galore


Its an absolute beautiful day and I just want to sit and sew all day as nothing beats natural light for quilting and embroidery. It was the car boot over the road and I went along and spotted these yummies, some antique rayon embroidery thread. Why can't England produce yummies like this anymore and this fantastic quality!. So yeah Ive been a naughty girl buying these threads which will be used in embroidery, applique work and maybe some experimental hand quilting.
Ive not got a picture of me with Annabelle's gorgeous cushion cover and threads as theres no one in the house to take a picture of me but..... I'm camera shy at the moment, I think you can understand about that. (hee hee).
I'm still french knotting on the little rainbow pouch, I'm hoping to get this finished today, fingers crossed. I will take some photos and let you know how I go on about this, whether it works or not.

1 comment:

Acornmoon said...

Hi, thanks for your kind words on my blog.

Those threads are wonderful, I have a weakness for old bobbins and spools, especially linen.

I have been admiring your dog coats too, very smart!