Sunday 4 March 2012

Slow Slow Quick Quick Slow


I thought this title would be fitting as to how I am at the moment. My MS has been naughty which always happens after a really nasty waterworks infection. I wanted to do big quiltings, working more on the hand quilting of the hexagon coat but at the moment due to painful legs, having to keep moving different positions because of my legs, I had to settle for something smaller. I decided to work some more on the leaf pouch which I had painted using fabric paints. I needed to draw three leaf shapes and paint them in my favourite style of rainbow colours. The embroidery stitches Ive been using are little french knots. I'm enjoying how this is working out so far which is definitely my style in doing things. I just cant wait to get on my new sewing machine but I have to be good, be patient for my limbs to get more flexible before I can give my new machine a whirl. The machine has a name Petra (Pfaff). My other sewing machine which only suitable for doing thin fabrics for dressmaking was always called Zola.
Its funny how we name machines isn't it.
Last night while Jim had to walk the dogs, Jim spotted an orange meteorite with an orange tail, Jim was so excited. I thought this would be a good idea to write and sketch in the sketchbook for a future idea maybe?. I'm keeping an open mind. I will definitely keep you informed how this little project is working out. Hopefully your weekend isn't too rained off being able to do some quilting perhaps?

5 comments:

Annabelle said...

Sad you are not on top form. The meteorite seems to have been spotted by so many - how exciting. xx Get well soon. xx

Tiglizzyclone said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon!

That leaf is real pretty colors! And that is cool about the meteorite!

Tiglizzyclone said...

I hope that you are feeling better soon!

That leaf is real pretty colors! And that is cool about the meteorite!

dianne said...

my machine has a name, too - he is a Viking and his name is Sven Thorson ... and i share a big MegaQuilter Viking with Auntia and HIS name is Thor Batrastardson because we both frequently curse his lineage ...... Petra is a good name for her!

JennyPennyPoppy said...

I have yet to paint on my own material and stitch on it. Hope to one day though. Looks fun :)