Saturday 28 April 2007

Hand quilting back In Motion


Remember the huge lime green quilt that I posted earlier showing my first few images of hand quilting, I have decided to tackle this quilt again after a long break. I set up my card table in the corner of the bedroom and my daylight lamp. Hand quilting went into motion and gosh I felt such an amatuer again but I suppose with lots and lots of practise and without having to peep at the back too much,stitches will improve and I will get into the flow of it more. Im going to ask my partner if he can kindly take me to some quilting shops in this area of Leics. I do not know any quilting shops in this county at all!!! so I'm going to make some enquiries

I need to get some more leather thimbles, I do not get on with the metal ones and the tiny one that I do have keep slipping off unless I strap some micropore round it. Also it would be good to have a look at the quilting shops in this county and see if there is a quilting group in this area.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

You definitely need to find quilitng shops wherever you are! My friend made me several leather thimbles but I'd like an enameled one. Someone on a blog said they are the best kind and pretty too.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Hang in there, yes practice and support (as in groups or a shop) are vital. I use a Tailor's thimble for hand quilting, it's metal but open on the top... (I push the needle from the side) but started with a leather thimble until I was poking through that... ouch!