Wednesday 27 June 2007

Start Of The Floods


From Monday.... Continued.....
All day Monday the rain just pounded down. i stayed in at the comfort of hand quilting as the weather was just so bad.
Only about three roads away is Meadowhall Shopping Centre which is all flooded with the lower ground floor deep in two foot of water. I knew something was wrong when I saw the yellow rescue helicopter, then there were three. Next came on the flash news about the rivers at the bottom of the hill that had burst it's banks, flooding the whole industrial estate.
Not long after the newsflash the electric just went. Thank goodness I had the candles, torch and a supply of food in.
Also thank goodness I had my hand quilting to keep me occupied as once the electric shut down, there were no information about news etc, only from Friends and family on my mobile about the latest drama unfolding.



No comments: