Thursday 20 September 2007

Grace


Grace

Almost everyday I have been placing my eyes on a dream horse for sale called Grace.
A beautiful dapple grey horse, a cob, for sale at one of the Internet sites of safe cobs for people.
I have always loved horses and used to own a few in the past but still have a craving to own a horse again. Unfortunately with not being able to afford a horse at the moment much to my frustration, I’m just unable to have one. When I looked on the site today the horse had been sold. I hope whoever has bought Grace will give her a lot of love and that they have a long and happy life together with lots of fun.
A couple of days ago I wrote a song called Grace which is a very new age song with humming and drumbeats with a person talking in a hypnotic voice in the background. In some words of the lyrics I wrote down, “where a dapple horse will greet you” this may not mean any sense to others but it does to me. Who knows maybe when the music does well I may be able to get one. I had forgotten how concentrated and hard going hand-quilting can be. I keep doing a block then having a rest, then working on the block again. When enough is enough the dogs have their leads on for a good scamper round the field while I get some fresh air, come back, have a break, have a drink then back to quilting again.
After a lot of thought I have decided to leave the shop where I work voluntary selling thrift clothes. I want to spend more time working on my quilt projects and song-writing. There had been so many new ridiculous new rules and an ungrateful boss that I thought I really must think what I want to do. I can imagine my quilt smiling a little saying… “Oh goody… at last I can get quilted!”
The weather is still cold and seem to be getting chillier at night times, the flowers are certainly feeling the cold snap with the way they are not looking happy. Last week is was so boiling hot, everyone had sun tops on, and dresses.
A few days ago I was so cold that I had to go out and buy a pair of cheap furry boots. I call these my womble boots as they look thick and chunky, really they are my house slipper boots while I quilt away and work on little projects. Excuse the upside cornflower picture thought it would add a bit of colour.

No comments: