Sunday 7 October 2007

Start of a lapquilt





  1. I have been really poorly with chest infection and asthma but slowly this horrible illness is clearing after help with strong anti-biotics. i have been making a start on my mum's lap quilt using the paper piercing technique, I love this technique I feel so at home doing it this way, though so many other says this method takes too long.

Some photos were taken in the park to show you the fabrics, and pieces, as you can see there is still a long way to go. I have been doing a line or double line if I am lucky each day.

This lap-quilt is being made in mind for mum when she goes in hospital January to have a new knee joint. When feeling a bit poorly I know how special and comforting it feels to have a hand made quilt wrapped around you, nothing beats that feeling.

No comments: