Tuesday 25 December 2007

Merry Christmas Everybody


Merry Christmas everyone I am thinking of you all. At last I managed to post on my blog land space here after my own computer had broken down and in need of being repaired.

I'm down Leics in Amadis house with a bad streaming cold. All the family will have a get together tomorrow with Korma curry and at the end of the day Christmas pudding, we just like to do things differently in this household. I am drinking plenty nursed with a big box of tissues and flu tablets. Everything takes time to work its way out of you.

Over the last few days I have managed to start knitting my dad a scarf for Christmas. I didn't know dad wanted a scarf so was quite surprised with my mum when she presented me with three balls of yummy multicoloured wool and some needles and said please please knit your father a scarf.

So this is what I am doing, I have almost got to the end of ball of wool one and quite pleased so far with my pearl a row, pearl a row method. I have never been a good knitter and never had the confidence to knit so giving this my best shot.

What did you all get for Christmas?


Well I got two gorgeous toy camels whom I fell in love with and nicknamed Humphrey and Bogart.

I will take a picture of these in the next couple of days, they are my hug-mascots for when I'm stitching away and being creative.

I got some paintbrushes and some Dylon dye tabs, tape measure, fabric medium for mixing in with acrylics to paint on cotton fabrics, a box of chocolates . Some books, ideas and inspiration to design and paint.

I hope you all had wonderful presents too and at the moment having a wonderful time.

Jim had to go to work from three in the afternoon and will not finish til eleven.

Jim works as an engineer answering call from clients who have problems with their phones.

Yes even on Christmas day some people still have to work but the good thing Jim will be off tomorrow.

It was lovely watching the dogs open their presents, they all got a soft toy.

Sam the old white sheep dog, got a frog soft toy, Tam the Akita of a pilot bear. Scratch got a pink rabbit and Alice got a rabbit toy also, at first they were more interested in their tit bits and chew bones, then they realised their soft toys make good pillows to lay their weary heads down on from all that chewing.

Over the next two weeks I have a major task to do some more batik work on one of my UFO projects along the theme of stars and moons. I have all the materials to do the task I just need to get rid of this damn cold and start doing some work towards it. Again I will keep you all posted on what I am doing along the quilting line of things.

1 comment:

Priscilla said...

Hi,
Thank you for your lovely comments on my tree.... I do hope you feel better soon, I cant wait to see some photos of your pets with their toys! how sweet..... Have fun making the scarf, I would love to be able to knit, it looks a very cozy pastime
Have a great christmas and new year
Priscilla x