Tuesday 20 October 2009

Birthday Bash



On Monday the 19th of October it was my birthday and for a birthday treat
my partner Jim took me to the Cottonpatch shop in Birmingham to get some lovely material towards my patchwork coat. I thought Cottonpatch would be like a large warehouse but it was just a simple little shop with patchwork and quilting galore goodies. There were so many lovely things there it was hard to pick what to get but I got several half a metres of lovely batik greens, and some quilting threads.
Jim took me on the train and I had to accept that long distances I cant walk too far so the chair came in handy, but I will conquer this, and start to get fitter in the next couple of weeks and months. There were lots of lovely cards and gifts of perfume and chocolate from Mum, Mum In Law and Rachel. Rachel, Jim's daughter wasn't here as she was away on holiday but I loved the card and little box of chocolates.
The cloth of different hexagons is growing, stitched one by one. I shall need about four to five yards if this before adding the wadding and backing to quilt ready for a coat.
Last week I found a crafts group where there was a lady willing to help me on dressmaking in understanding the patterns which is great so this gave me an incentive to just keep going with that patchwork coat idea. Already the weather and the season, now Autumn has changed dramatically. Ive not been able to write alot on this blog in the last couple of days and weeks as most of the time the computer has been broken.
Things are slowly up and running. The printer is being naughty at the moment, but hopefully this will be sorted soon. I got some paper that you put through the printer to print on cotton for patchwork so I will let you know how I get on with this once the printer is fixed.
I must catch up with all your blogs I have not forgotten about you so please bear with me.

9 comments:

Beena said...

Hi, Faith!

Happy Birthday!

Maggi said...

Sounds like you had a really good birthday. It's a long time since I went to the Cotton Patch but it surely was a treasure trove, and everyone was so friendly. Good luck with your dressmaking instruction.

Dolores said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Faith! Mine was on the 18th. Libras are such nice people.
I'm glad you got out to do a bit of quilt shopping.

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Happy Birthday for the other day. Sounds like you had a great day. Going to a fabric shop on your birthday is the icing on the cake!

Allie said...

It sounds like you had a lovely birthday!!! I'm glad to hear you're getting help wtih the patterns, that's something that I can't seem to pick up on. I'm glad your computer is back up and running!

sea-blue-sky & abstracts said...

Belated Happy Birthday and Many Happy Returns. Lesley

Myra said...

A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU FAITH!!!! 8-)

Mama Spark said...

What a wonderful birthday you had with Jim and at the Patchwork shop. You need to take a picture of the fabrics and share them with us too! Happy birthday, my friend!

Draffin Bears said...

Happy belated Birthday Faith!

Glad that you had a special day with going to the Fabric shop ( I would be happy with that gift too.)

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Carolyn