Wednesday 30 June 2010

Very Tired but Happy.

Ive not got any pictures to show you til after the 3rd of July as that will be the day my mum will open her presents which I have been working on so hard for the last couple of days. All I can say is that Ive been doing absolutely loads of stitching using silk threads, stipple quilting, and reading up a lot of stitching methods on how to do bumble bees. You will see why after the third.
The craft group has now moved to another church which is alot bigger, brighter, more of a community centre too which is good. I loved the large tables and the fact you could see so much better when sewing. I do miss the old St peters church next to Belgrave hall but good news is Ive put in a word about saving that gorgeous grand piano and it might just find its way to the new big church, fingers crossed.
Ive yet to draw up and paint a card and for the next 6 days work on the batik cloth that will be a rough version of the hexagon coat style. My teacher Anne wants me to ensure that the coat will fit properly and that its the style that I want before cutting through that lovely hexagon fabric of all greens.
I do have a rough idea on what I want to do on the rough coat idea... Id like it to be pinks, purples, with a bit of mottled grey with embroidered butterflies here and there. It sounds a bit ambitious doesn't it, but I know once Ive got something in my head there is no letting go. The image and ideas just get stronger and stronger til
da da the creativity happens.
I will keep you all informed on what is happening. Hope you are all having fun and not too tired.

2 comments:

Mama Spark said...

Love the new look of the blog! Can't wait to see what you have come up with for your mum. Take it easy and rest up!!

tongfengdemao said...

Woo! I didn't expect the black! Looks good, though.

I look forward to seeing what all you stitched up for your mum.

~Faith
Sew Many Blessings
Needle & Fabric Art
airycat at airynothing dot net